Dr. Mitchell Cairo
The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation Laboratory at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital at New York Medical College is focused on six overarching areas of research. These state of the art research initiatives include:
- Cancer genetics and treatment of childhood and adolescent hematological malignancies;
- Genetically re-engineering immune cells to enhance targeted adoptive cellular cancer immunotherapy;
- Tumor immunology and identifying targets for humoral targeted immunotherapy;
- Stem cell biology, cancer stem cells, and regenerative therapy;
- Developing targeted therapy for childhood, adolescent andyoung adult solid tumors and brain tumors.
- Translational therapeutic consortiums for childhood and adolescent cancer therapy.
Our translational consortium research programs will be testing targeted cellular therapy against Hodgkin Lymphoma in patients who have failed first or second line therapy.
In addition, we have developed several national translational research consortiums concentrating on Stem Cell Transplantation for high risk patients with Acute Leukemia, Lymphoma cell therapy, Pediatric Sarcoma cell therapy, Familial Stem Cell Transplantation for high risk Sickle Cell Disease, and non-Hodgkin Lymphoma translational research and treatment.
We are indebted to PCRF's Board of Directors, Advisory Board Members, officers and volunteers for their generous support of the aforementioned pediatric cancer research programs. The year 2014 marks the 32nd year of sustained and continuous support in our research mission on children and adolescents with cancer. We can’t thank PCRF enough for the golden opportunity to participate in the enhancement of the pediatric cancer survival rate from 20% to 90% in the last 30 years.
all members of Castle Connolly
Medical, LTD. America's trusted
source for identifying top doctors.